Pattaya is one of the few resorts in Thailand where you can relax almost all year round. This is due to the fact that the rain season is very mild here and the amount of precipitation is insignificant. In addition, traveling here will cost much cheaper than to some other Asian countries. Thanks to comfortable beaches, quality service in hotels and enjoyable shopping, positive impressions of the trip will remain with you for a long time.
- 1 Pattaya beaches
- 2 Top 5-star Hotels with Private Beaches
- 3 Top 4-Star Hotels with Private Beach
- 4 Top 3-Star Hotels with Private Beaches
- 5 Tips and useful information
There are a lot of local beaches at this city. There are both municipal and private territories which belong to hotels. There are several main areas:
- Jomtien Beach – the most tranquil, with picturesque scenery. Located along the road. Nearby there are inexpensive cafes, shops and massage parlors.
- Pattaya Beach – central, with water attractions, beach discos and nightclubs nearby. However, the water here is dirtier than in other places. In addition, the noisy road runs nearby along the coastline.
- Wongamat Beach – located near the central beach. The sand here is very light and clean. The place is clean, the water is crystal clear.
- Naklua Beach – semi-wild, with a rocky bottom. Initially, it was chosen by German travelers. But now a lot of Russian-speaking and Americans are sitting her.
- Dongtam Beach – there are a lot of gays on the beach, so if you are homophobic consider that. But the water here is cleaner than in other places.
- Pratumnak Beach – from this place there are breathtaking views of Koh Lan, a picturesque island. But the water is not too clean, and for inexpensive products you will have to climb the hill.
In addition, there are public places that do not belong to hotels and are located outside of the official zones.
The advantages of most of the beaches of Pattaya:
- cleanliness, as garbage is taken away daily (not relevant for Pattaya Beach);
- sandy beach, small pebbles are very rare;
- sun loungers and umbrellas that protect against ultraviolet radiation.
There are also disadvantages: water is periodically muddying because of the silt on the bottom, clutter.
Top 5-star Hotels with Private Beaches
Royal Cliff Beach Hotel 5*
It is considered the highest in cost and service. Located in the north of the resort and includes rooms with increased comfort:
- cozy bungalows;
- luxury apartments.
All rooms have the most modern furniture, split systems, loggias.
There are restaurants with Asian and international food. They offer master classes in cooking local cuisine. In addition to the private beach there is a fitness area and a spa.
Sai Sawan Beach Resort Spa 5*
Modern complex, which has turned their 4-star into the ” five” thanks to quality service, well-groomed lawns, comfortable rooms.
In addition to the provate well-equipped beach there are three swimming pools. Animators entertain children while adults are entertained by fitness area with exercise equipment.
An additional bonus is the choice of the type of stay: “all inclusive” or just breakfasts.
Centara Grand Mirage 5 *
Hotel complex with unusual design, 24/7 service, large list of services.
Comfortable rooms, many of which are designed for families with children, have satellite dishes and air conditioning. Kids will be entertained in teen clubs and enjoy the animation.
Either breakfast or other formats, including “all-inclusive”.
Restaurants offer European, Asian dishes. In addition to own beach and swimming pools, the hotel has an aquapark.
Duait Thani Pattaya Hotel 5*
The 24 floor building includes everything you need for quality and high-end vacation time. Living in such a hotel, you don’t even need to leave its territory.
The private beach is incredibly beautiful – it is filled with palm trees, exotic plants, and the water is absolutely clean. Compared with some other five-star hotels, prices are lower here – about 15 thousand baht per person per week.
Garden Cliff Resort Spa 5*
In addition to the private small beach there is a spa, bars, restaurants, swimming pools, a fitness area, a playground.
Guests are accommodated in very nice rooms with plasma TV, bar and ait conditioning. Nearby are the park, the main street of Pattaya called Walking street and shopping centers.
Top 4-Star Hotels with Private Beach
Adriatic Palace Pattaya 4*
Located on the beach, so you can go down to the water any time. See the dawn or sunset – 10 steps down from the veranda, and here it is, the sea.
Breakfast only, but the choice is wide: fish dishes, chicken, squid, vegetables and fruits, pastries, pancakes and casseroles. There are suites and standard rooms. Some have a sea view.
Cleaned daily, linen is changed twice a week or upon request.
The obvious advantage of the location of the hotel is a distance from the city noise, shopping centers and discos. Ideal for families with children and those who prefer a relaxing holiday.
Ambassador City Jomtien 4*
According to its name, the hotel is located in the Jomtien area. The complex of five multi-storey buildings (we recommend Ocean Wing) overlooking the seashore is considered the most peaceful in the city. Here families prefer to settle with children. In addition to quietness another plus is clean and not too crowded beaches.
Still, they have a fairly large selection of attractions and entertainment. Compared to the resort’s central beaches, there is almost never a crowd. Breakfasts from four restaurants that offer tourists national, oriental and European food.
Amari Pattaya 4*
Another hotel with international cuisine, breakfast only. However, the bar offers cocktails and other drinks.
The hotel is located in the north of the resort, in a small bay. The territory has its own ornamental park.
The beach is not too big. However, there are night restaurants, clubs and discos nearby. This hitel is preferred by young people and those who are attracted by the night life.
Aisawan Resort Spa 4* (now called Pullman Pattaya Hotel G)
The hotel is located on the northern part of the resort in one of the bays.
It features high-quality service and comfortable conditions.
Its feature is a luxurious beach garden with a palm-fringed beach. Includes cozy bungalows, 13-storey building and villas.
Long Beach Garden 4*
It is just 5 minutes walk to the airport from the hotel.
Theydo have a private beach but it is noisy, crowded and littered, with a minimum of amenities. The water at the shore is muddy.
However, they have excellent pools.
Top 3-Star Hotels with Private Beaches
Holiday Inn Resort Pattaya 3*
This hotel is considered low-budget. Still, it is equipped with a fitness room, SPA-salon and 4 outdoor pools. Wi-Fi for FREE at the whole territory.
This is a good option for families with children. There are play areas and nice animation for kids. Breakfast only. Four restaurants are ready to please tourists with Oriental, European and Mediterranean cuisine.
Pattaya Park Beach Hotel 3*
In addition to its own beach it has a water park, so it almost never is empty.
For guests, entertainment is free and for the outside persons entrance to hotel and to water park will cost 120 baht per person. Another entertainment is the observation deck on the 56-floor tower and the descent from it.
Cozy Beach Hotel Pattaya 3*
The four-hull complex is conveniently located and developed. It has three types of rooms – standard, suite, family.
All cleaned daily. Linen is changed at the request. Fitness zone, tennis, massage, SPA-procedures. There is free Wi-Fi and free parking for guests.
Casuarina Jomtien Hotel 3*
Located 20 minutes from the center of Pattaya, very quiet and peaceful. Equipped with cozy rooms, has friendly administrators and a luxurious green shady 200-meter long beach.
Good place for family relaxation. For kids there are water rides.
Garden Sea View Resort 3*
Calm and quiet hotel with well-groomed green area, its own tour desk, garden, swimming pool. The view from the hotel rooms vary – some of the windows overlook the flowered patio, others have a sea view.
The Temple of Truth is nearby. The building itself is located on the first line along the shore and the beach is clean. No pebbles or rocks and there are plenty of sun loungers.
Tips and useful information
- Local beaches during the peak season are filled by people selling souvenirs and national food. Buying bright crafts from semi-precious stones and wood is not worth it. Most likely, the price of them will be higher than in a souvenir shop at the city market.
- Do not leave household trash and cigarette butts on the beach. The ideal option is to bring a bag with you, put trash in it and throw it into the nearest garbage can.
- Girls are not allowed to be topless on the beaches of Pattaya. Nudism may be fined (500 baht). And if a couple wants to indulge in sex right in the water, they will be fined for 1000 baht.
- Alcohol is allowed. But there is a huge difference between the words “drinking” and “getting drunk”. Drunk behavior is punishable by a fine of 5000 baht. As well as rudeness, noise and scattering garbage.
It is advised to refrain from visiting the beach when the sun is at its zenith. From 12.00 to 15.00 there is a high risk of burning under very aggressive ultraviolet light.